Welcome to Speed Cameras Dot Org
Ex-traffic police officer reveals UK driving secrets. We review the book to discover if it can really help in cancelling speeding and parking tickets.
At speedcameras.org we campaign to get the government and police to sensibly
address law enforcement on British roads and to adjust their
policies to save the most number
of lives. Speed cameras and the Safety Camera Partnerships
are not the answer and do not work as the facts we present here prove.
people die unnecessarily in hospitals from poor hygiene
than in road traffic accidents. Yet the government's response to prevent
5000 unnecessary deaths a
year in hospitals is to
tell staff how to wash their hands.
Meanwhile, poorly located speed cameras
fail to prevent accidents (2003 had
the highest death rate since 1997)
and according to police data exceeding the speed limit is the
cause of only
4% of accidents. Why not refocus resources on the other 96% of causes?
So why would the Government continue to support a scheme
that is simply not working? Because success is not measured by
the number of lives saved but by the
amount of revenue generated - £120 million in 2003.
|Speed cameras are a dangerous distraction - read
Please take a few minutes to read through
the facts about speed cameras that
we've compiled from the Government's own figures and other reports. Read
our special feature: One
Million Illegal Drivers in UK -
no justice when illegal drivers kill on roads. Wondering what the government's
guidelines are on the placement of speed cameras? Read
"The important thing is not to stop
questioning" - Albert
Quote supplied by Said What?
13 December 2013